At Bloomington Body Bar, all of our classes use “full-body integration,” so the core is always in play…however, these classes focus specifically on core strength:
A mix of strength, cardio, and core intervals.
- Exercises are chosen to make you strong from within.
- Inspired by but not limited to tabata timing.
- Complete challenging sets of focused movements that burn calories with no impact.
- All levels welcome!
Vinyasa-style yoga focused on fitness and function.
- Increase your range of motion.
- Lessen the chance of injury in fitness and athletics.
- Understand the application of mind-body awareness to other areas of fitness.
TRX® suspension training
TRX® makes “your body the machine.”
- The fundamental body position for much of TRX® Suspension training is the plank, except for most exercises, your hands are in handles rather than on the ground.
- By moving “from your center outward,” the core is stable and strong at all times, so that the body moves the way it is meant to…always connected.
- Learn to do the strength moves you’ve always known…squats, curls, rows, crunches, but in a whole new way with great support for your joints and alignment.
Yoga for men, but open to all!
- Strong, energetic,and challenging.
- Core-strengthening, muscle-toning, cardio-working, stress-reducing, clarity-enhancing yoga postures.
- Functional fitness exercises for an amazing workout.
- You’ll get that pumped-up feeling you get from working out and a deep flexibility and relaxation feeling from “working in.”
- Offered at various intervals of the year in 4-6 week sessions.
Pilates in its classical form with a fitness twist.
- Develop your core, flexibility, and knowledge of proper use of the breath for maximum results in any class.
- Light weights and props are added for extra challenge.
- Increase your range of motion, improve joint pain, and strengthen small muscles that burn calories and create stability.
- Feel refreshed and improve posture for daily life.